Almost every blog or website you visit these days will have a tools/resources page showcasing a list of recommended tools and resources. In this lesson, we will show you how to create a great resources page, as well as how to make it useful for your readers.
Having a tools and resources page is a great way for you to showcase, promote, and give credit to some of the products, tools, and services you use in your blog business.
It’s also valuable and useful for your readers.
You can also make some affiliate sales and income if you are able to promote your page well and drive traffic to it.
- Your resources page will not be a blog post but rather a static page that you can update from time to time. So go ahead and create a page.
Navigate to Pages->Add New from your WordPress dashboard.
- Add this disclaimer if you plan to add affiliate links at the very top.
“There are affiliate links on this page. If you purchase a product through one of them, we will receive a commission. It will cost you nothing extra. We only ever endorse products that we have personally used and tested extensively. Thank you!“
- Add 30 Day Blog Challenge to the list.
To start making money with affiliate marketing, you need access to that fancy little thing called an “affiliate link.”
Remember, your affiliate link is just a trackable link that is provided to you by the company you are promoting.
For example: Go to 30 Day Blog Challenge Affiliate Area and you can find your affiliate link pre-approved for 30 Day Blog Challenge.
- Highlight the 30 Day Blog Challenge and make it a hyperlink, with your referral URL.
- Make sure to set the link to open in a new tab.
- Click on publish. Your resources page is now live.
Next its time to link your resources page in your main menu.
- Navigate to Appearance->Menu from your WordPress dashboard. Add the page you just created to the menu.