Forum Replies Created
MemberMay 12, 2020 at 1:36 am300
<div>Et voilà les amis! The Story Behind Bastion!
MemberMay 10, 2020 at 7:19 am300
COVID-19, QUARANTINE & RESILIENT HOMES
I went through all suggested titles and found none that fit or that resonated with me.
I chose this title because it summarises in 4 words the content of the first published blog, which actually gives the tone to what will follow. The plan is to dissect each of the 7 Pillars into their aggregates and week by week, attack one subject at a time.
Tell me what you think, please comment! Let me know HOW you think the title can be have greater impact.
MemberMay 10, 2020 at 5:24 am300
<div>This is by far the best way to traverse our fears and understand that we are not alone.
- I fear being ridiculed;
- I fear criticism;
- I fear going out there on the market and broadcasting my views because I am slow to respond intelligently;
- I fear being a failure and pointed at as being such a failure;
- I fear not being perfect;
- I fear being exposed as an impostor in my field of expertise;
- I fear investing so much time and not receiving my just compensation;
- I fear not having a professional presentation and being disregarded for that matter;
- I fear shit that hasn’t even happened yet and is just in my fucking imagination;
- I know how to laugh at myself and see lessons from the ridicule;
- Criticism points me to the weaknesses I must strengthen;
- I am slow to respond because I take the time necessary to respond to comments intelligently;
- I move forward at lightning speed in life because every day I fail,
and every day I learn. In fact I do not “Win or Fail,” I “Win or
- I fear not, not being perfect;
- I have been working in my field of expertise since 1997 – I am a true expert in my domain and in this niche in particular;
- I will receive monetary compensation in proportion to the value and service I selflessly offer the market place;
- I’m in the construction industry: when a house is under construction, it does not look finished, yet it is a professional production. It is the same with my blog;
- I can distinguish facts from fiction and reality from fear created from the figments of my imagination;
MemberMay 11, 2020 at 2:31 am300
AMEN! So many different ways to generate “passive” income! I personally love real estate, by far my favourite, well, because I understand it!
Multiple Sources of Income.
Now I’m adding the Blog to the fold, using my knowledge of architecture and construction for the content. Looking forward to reading what you have there!
MemberMay 10, 2020 at 7:22 am300
Ondra, love the double meaning of the title Language Matters! I speak 3 languages fluently and three others very well. I understand how important the use of the right verb and word is to convey a message not only to the public, but to our own mind!
MemberMay 10, 2020 at 5:47 am300
Racquel, do you have Dutch origins by chance? I’m moving there on July 13th!
I imagined the Blog as a marketing “prequel” if you will, a sort of way to pave the way, convert mindsets slowly but surely, respond to objections, answer questions, until I am set to start producing. The next step parallel to the Blog is an eBook: The 7 Pillars of Resilient Homes, which I will be addressing in greater detail,one Blog at a time.
What’s your niche/project angle?
MemberMay 10, 2020 at 5:39 am300
Shelly: DO NOT APOLOGIZE for offending someone. NEVER. Why? Because every day, just by being alive, we offend people, just by being ourselves.
Be yourself, Shelly Stone, be yourself and let all those who are offended by you be offended, and may you walk on your path, head high, knowing that you are speaking your truth.
MemberMay 10, 2020 at 5:35 am300
You DEFINITELY WILL NOT be considered an authority on the subjects you want to write about if you remain anonymous.
MemberMay 10, 2020 at 5:34 am300
Jessica, I started a green home architecture and construction business in 2001, in a small-minded city of 500 000 people in northern Canada.
Almost 20 years later, the company is now designing 150+ unit multifamily buildings. We have presented projects in Boston in 2018.
STAY TRUE TO YOUR PATH AND NEVER WAVER!
MemberMay 10, 2020 at 5:20 am300
The most powerful person in the room is the one who has nothing to hide.
MemberMay 10, 2020 at 4:14 am300
Jessica, cool for you to be on board! I like that you are decided on the direction of your blog. Few people commit, a lot stay on the fence, shittiest place to be, not very comfortable to say the least, sitting on a frost fence not deciding whether to jump on the left or on the right!
MemberMay 10, 2020 at 4:07 am300
Hi Cathryn from the vastness of Canada! What part are you from? I’ve crossed Canada 6 times back and forth (East to West, but not South to North). I’m in Quebec City, for the next 9 weeks that is, ’cause I’m moving to the Netherlands on July 13th!
My blog is set on resilient homes for northern climates: places to thrive in instead of rot in should we be forced to quarantine again.
MemberMay 10, 2020 at 4:03 am300
I came in here because I know shit and this is all about doing. We learn best by doing! Tammy, this is going to kick ass!
MemberMay 10, 2020 at 4:02 am300
Yep. Move forward fearlessly and course correct on the way.
This attitude is so ANTI what I have learned. So I will kill that guy during these next 30 days. I have already published my page and posted my first blog and am looking forward to sharing it in the market place out there, “dreading” comments and trolls…